Saturday, May 5, 2012

Last Saturday...


DSC_0267

Last Saturday morning, I woke up at 6 a.m. with the specter of eyeless bunnies passing before my eyes.  How terrifying!!


The bunny army is coming for you

An hour later, all bunnies had been eyed; but I was now feeling like I was being judged, for some weird reason...


Ready to go

Even when they were packed (in pairs, so they wouldn't get lonely), I could feel them staring!!


DSC_0270

So, into boxes they went, and then I went to the Brooklyn Flea where I found a whole bunch of foodbloggers busy putting together a display of some really awesome looking treats!


IMAG0443

I mean, seriously, look at this!  Everything looked so professional and beautiful (even if this photo is totally subpar).


IMAG0444

Oh hi, bunnies!  I think they all went to good homes (and by homes, I mean tummies); I hope so anyway!  I bought a whole bunch of goodies from the other bakers, but because I stink, I didn't get a good picture of any of my loot because after this I went straight to a friend's birthday party, where all the yummies got inhaled.  (Although I managed to rescue and take the brown sugar pies from Prospect Pies home).


Air Plant

Also!  While I was browsing the Flea (which is great; I used to live two blocks from it, so naturally it only started up after I moved...) I came across the RootsinRust stand and couldn't resist taking this home.  It's a spindle from an old oven (used to control the temperature, according to the nice chap running the stand) and it's now being used as a "planter" for an air plant.  I've been assured that air plants are really hard to kill, so I think this will be perfect; and I just loved the idea that this piece came from an old oven.  It seemed fitting :)

Oh, and the bake sale results?  Over $3400 for Share Our Strength.  I'd say that's a success :) 

There's a roundup of other posts and more information on the bake sale and Share Our Strength here.  Go check it out and donate if you can!  And if you missed it this time, you can sign up for future bake sales and fundraisers.

So what's on tap for this Saturday?  I guess I'll find out shortly!


*This post brought to you by my absolute lack of coffee this morning.  Argh. 


2 comments:

Kaimono888 said...

Wow ~ congrats on the fundraising! Great fun & achievement ya...The bunnies are soO0 cute ^.~

tofugirl said...

Thanks Kaimono Yeah, it was a good event! Nice to see everyone participate for a good cause :)