Sunday, June 7, 2009

Countdown to vacation time

DSC_0303

Well, the craziness of May is over, but the craziness of work has not let up. Haven't had time or energy to bake or cook much lately, but our CSA boxes start next week...just in time for us to go on vacation! Whoops! Oh well, we are headed to Vancouver in a week--anyone have any recommendations for things to do or eat? There probably will not be much in the way of updating here until after our trip, but hopefully there will be LOTS to write about soon.

In the meantime, we visited the Cloisters yesterday (my first time in years) and had a lovely time exploring. Photo above is from the herb garden, where we got to see all kinds of plants used in medieval life (for love, for magic, and for cooking, of course!; if I remember correctly, that is anise. I wish I had more pictures to show but apparently I have gotten too used to photographing food and can't photograph anything else well!

No comments: