Friday, December 4, 2009

The Bakingest Time of the Year

The other day I had an OMGI'MALREADYBEHINDONCHRISTMASCOOKIES AUUUGH moment--so, yes, here I am at 10:48 p.m., baking cookies. First up? Chewy ginger cookies, with both ground and crystallized ginger. I just pulled the first pan out of the oven, and they smell amazing. These are good keeper cookies and I'm just going to wrap them well and store them in the freezer until I'm ready to pack up my boxes.

Of course, since it is 10:48 P.M., there is no good photo light available. So...you'll have to wait until the morning. Or maybe Sunday morning, because I'm going to try to make at least one type of cookie a day so that I don't have to go on a 3 day no-sleep sprint at the end! Not that that's ever happened to me before, ahem. Tomorrow...lime sablés!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Will you share your cookie recipes by any chance? Chewy ginger cookies sound amazing (even without the photo!)

tofugirl said...

I sure will! Hopefully before Christmas actually rolls around....:)