Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Heat Dome

 


This was taken on Monday (June 28th) at around 6:30 pm.  Tuesday was nearly as hot and now on Wednesday morning it's finally comfortable. The summer is expected to be significantly hotter than normal, but of course, we live in the PNW and on the coast at that, so not very many people are prepared to cope with heat.  Plus with the dry, hot conditions, we can expect more wildfires than usual (as has been the case for the last 5 years or so), so air quality will be bad (last year there were days we couldn't see across the water to Stanley Park). 

So...is this our new normal, or is there still time to turn things around?

  

2 comments:

KirkK said...

It has been a tough summer TofuGirl! Hope all is well.

Kay said...

Hello Tofu Girl,
I'm sorry I missed your comment. It went to my Spam file as did a whole bunch of others. I don't know what is going on with Blogger.

Hawaii has been relatively comfortable right now. I know it's been hotter for my daughter in Illinois though.