Saturday, December 11, 2010

Second Annual Lower Eastside Girls Club Holiday Cookie Bakeoff & Benefit!

DSC_1530

So, I can hardly believe how fast a year has gone by! It's already time for what is one of my new favorite holiday events, the Lower Eastside Girls Club Cookie Bakeoff! Long time readers (heh, if you've stuck around for a year, I consider you a long time reader ;)) may remember my post about this fab event last year. Well, go take a look anyway, and get yourself in the mood! (And by the way, those are the monster cookies from Sarah over at Accoutrements Online--my favorite photo from last year's event. I hope this year I actually get to taste some of the cookies :))

Anyway, if you are in the NYC area, I highly recommend you come check this out. First, there are cookies (which will be priced between $0.50 and $2.00)! Lots of cookies, baked by 25 volunteers who obviously love cookies (including me!). Secondly, a $15 ticket gets you a cookie tin, a glass of prosecco, and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping out a great organization that provides important services in the community! I mean, how often can you say that about spending $15?

And if you need further motivation and are a baking nerd, you can meet some celebrities in the baking world! For more details and to purchase your ticket in advance (HIGHLY recommended, don't wait until you get to the door), click here.

Ahem, as for my cookie, I am still in the experimental phase. But rest assured, it will be over the top and be full of chocolate. Come on by, say hi :)

Details
Second Annual Lower Eastside Girls Club Holiday Cookie Bakeoff & Benefit

Saturday, December 18th
1:00pm-4:00pm
La Vie @ 64 East 1st Street (between 1/2nd aves) NYC
Tickets available here.

3 comments:

Kaimono888 said...

Those cookies look good :P
and sounds great that you will be doing a good cause for this festive season ^.~ Too bad, I can't be there :(

tofugirl said...

I know, it is too bad! You would really enjoy this event, I think. Wish I could send you some cookies :D

Dips Recipes said...

Nice post thanks for shaaring