Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Knitting around, knit knit knit knit

Quatchi models the hat

I know it seems like all I do is eat and complain about work (which, actually...I guess is mostly accurate). But occasionally, I do other things too, like knit! So since I'm going to be posting about nothing but cookies for the next few posts, I thought I'd shake things up a little and talk about something non-edible for a change.

Brambles beret, after blocking

This is my Brambles beret that I finished over that ridiculous Snowtober weekend. Of course, since then I don't think we've had a single day when it's been cold enough to wear this. Er, not that I'm complaining. I don't mind this unseasonably mild weather!

Gentleman's socks finished!

Another recently finished project, Kristi Schueler's Gentleman's Socks. These are for me, though, so these are Gentlewoman's Socks. I looooooove this pattern. I may knit Py a pair in a more man-friendly color. Also, do you know what I learned? It is really hard to take a picture of your own feet. Or maybe that's just me...(also hard to take a picture of myself wearing a hat, hence the er, hat model.)

Anyway, that's probably going to be all the FOs for a while, since my current projects are a tunic knit in fingering gauge yarn on size 3 needles (Cascade Heritage Silk, oh god do I love this yarn) and a cardigan knit in sock yarn on size 4 needles. There is a whole lot of stockinette in my foreseeable future...which is cool because I still have a lot of episodes of True Blood to catch up on. But this will all have to wait until after I finish baking cookies for Christmas...see you on Dec. 23rd, yarn!

5 comments:

Chubby Chinese Girl said...

Woah! nice job... I'm starting to learn knitting with a friend... last time i tried, in a span of 2 hours, all I had was a piece that looked like bacon, LOL so i gave up, but u rock!!!

flightless said...

That beret is fantabulous!

tofugirl said...

CCG, I have totally been there! You should see the things I knitted when I first started--I can't even call them any specific objects, they were like, knitted...oblongs. Haha. But I think once you get the basics down, it's just a matter of following directions (I'm not creative, I just follow patterns!)

Thanks D! :D I think it's going to be cool enough to wear it today...

Craftiness NOW said...

lovely knitting! i just started a pair of socks and these look great :-)

tofugirl said...

Thanks CN :) I think this might be my new favorite sock pattern; I started a pair of herringbone ones, but I have..er...4 projects going at the same time, so none of them are really making any progress, heh!