Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekend plans: CookOut NYC 2012


Just a quick post before I retreat to the glorious air conditioning at work!  Hah!  This is the one time of year that I show up early to the office.  But anyhow, the best part about having a holiday in the middle of the week is that when you have to go back to work, it feels like Monday, but hey, it's already almost the weekend again.  Woohoo!  And if you're trying to make plans, here's a suggestion--head on over to Governor's Island for Cook Out NYC.  I mean, there's a kimchi eating contest!  (I wonder if it's too late to enter--I can eat the hell out of some kimchi.)  Not to mention that your ticket includes food sampling, a hot dog contest (with a kimchi dog!  Swoon.) and beer (must stay hydrated on a hot day).  Well I know where I'll be....

Get your tickets here (pssst...for a $5 discount, enter promotional code BlogOutNYC); the Governor's Island ferry schedule can be found here

CookOut NYC 2012
July 7-8, 11:30-4:30
Governor's Island


No comments: