Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bouchon Bakery

DSC_0227

Just a quicky post before work (which is BRUTAL lately--oh, I love turmoil and upheaval). The lovely and wonderful Costuminatrix came to visit recently, and, ahem, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I view all visitors as an opportunity to get out and eat! I have subjected many a visitor to my soon-to-be-famous Chinatown Bakery Tour (which I may even get around to writing about someday). However, if you can believe it, I was so busy talking that I neglected to take very many photos, except for the treats we got at Bouchon Bakery.

DSC_0228

I would love to show you the delicious soup dumplings and fried buns we had at Shanghai Kitchen (formerly Moon House) and the pickles from Guss' on Orchard St. but alas, you will have to settle for the cherry ricotta cake (top) and the blueberry doughnut we had to start the day. Actually, we also each picked up a TKO (Thomas Keller's take on the Oreo, which I normally do not like), but those came home with us and were not very photogenic by the time we ate them. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with my cake; it was a little dry and, dare I say it, even a little bit stale tasting. I didn't taste the doughnut but I didn't hear any complaints. I think next time I'll try the sticky bun, which looked seriously decadent.

I guess I need to take another visit to Shanghai Kitchen. For documentary purposes, you understand!

Bouchon Bakery
10 Columbus Circle, 3rd Fl.
New York, NY
212-823-9364

No comments: